By Terry Ricioli
Amate Studios Deep Welled Round Pendant in copper 60990142
2 balls green clay (Viva Décor Pardo Jewellery Clay in Amazonite)
Geometric Swirl Background stamp (Rubber Stampede)
Perfect Pearls™ powdered pigment in Perfect Bronze (Ranger)
Clay knife, toothpick, fine sandpaper, jewelry glue
- Knead clay until soft and smooth. Roll out between 2 pieces of waxed paper until about 1/8” thick.
- Press stamp into clay. Select an area for the pendant and press the pendant into the clay to create an impression. Cut out with a clay knife.
- Smooth edges with your finger. Gently place clay into pendant without touching the top stamped surface. Use a toothpick around the edge to carefully lift it into place. Gently press down to remove any air bubbles. Dust the surface of the clay with powdered pigment.
- Place the pendant on a tile or glass dish and prop with smaller tiles so that it will lie flat while it bakes. Bake according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Let pendant cool completely. Gently sand the ridges of the swirls of the pendant.
- Pop clay from pendant, add glue and replace pendant.
Quick & Easy Kids’ 2 Sided Sports Pendant
by Sam Katz
•Amate Studios Medium Oval Bezel Blank #084-D in Gold.
•2” Clear Packing Tape
•Scotch Adhesive Dot Roller (Permanent)
•2 Small Sports Photos
•Pen or Pencil
•A piece of scrap paper
1. Find 2 small sports pictures-if you use something from a sports
program or magazine, be sure to pick something that doesn’t show
logos, as you could run up against copyright issues. You can also use
photos that you have taken.
2. Place Bezel Blank over your picture & trace the oval with a pen or
pencil. This piece will be to large
to fit in the Bezel Blank, but gives you something easier to work with.
3. Place Picture on top of the Bezel Blank, cenering it where you
want it. Hold in place with one finger & use the fingernail of a
finger on your other hand to score along the inside edge of the bezel
all around the oval, marking the oval to trim.
4. Trim oval picture & check that it fits well in your Bezel Blank.
5. Cut approximately 4” of packing tape & place sticky side UP on
your work surface.
6. Place your pictures gently, picture side DOWN on the tape & gently
then fold the tape down over the backs of your pictures.
7. Trim away excess tape, so now your picture is covered on both sides.
8. Place your tape covered pictures face down on a piece of scrap
paper & roll on Scotch Adhesive Dots,
completely covering the backs of your pictures.
9. Carefully set your pictures on either side of the Bezel Blank &
being sure to rub with even pressure across the entire surface.